Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Humor on this greyyyy Hump Day

As I set out on this gloriously greyyy hump day I could not help but document some moments I have become immune to that otherwise might make many LAUGH....

Mustard and Ketchup on the LIRR
Yes that is correct, this girl is sporting a BRIGHT YELLOW homemade pedicure with BRIGHT RED shoes...

And the chances of this combo happening 2 times... only in NYC.
1 yellow sock AND 1 red sock. (the real punky brewster)

and then there is Ms Patricia Field's Soho Store Windows...

Many of you may know her as the New York stylist from Sex and the City, Ugly Betty, Confessions of a Shopaholic and The Devil Wears Prada but I am sure did not pitcure THIS:

As I make my way over the grates on the sidewalk I am quickly reminded why I have a new found love for ballet flats... fearlesssss walking. (no need to worry about my stiletto getting caught between the cracks!)

And pass a window reminding me of the latest movement in the neighborhood: Soho adopting SoCal style!

And that only in NYC would there be a store dedicated to SOCKS!

As I turn onto Mott Street I am also reminded that it is more important to be seen eating on at Cafe Gitane patio than staying dry.. (it is actually raining)

And that I take for granted the fact that custom shops exist...

I always wonder if the scraps on the floor of Blue are due to laziness or for affect.

and last but not least- why Bravo TV shooting too close to home has ruined reality television for me...

Fashion Hunters STA "staff"

vs my girl Vanessa... aka the real deal.
(who will be transfered to another location to support this scripted show)

All in all- these are just some of the scenes that I was able to document on my way to work that did not make me appear as a full on creep tourist.

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment