Thursday, June 9, 2011

Iced Coffee, 3 Steals and a Splurge- commited to fitness.

Feeling a little bit "soft" these days... I set out on my Wednesday shopping excursion with the intention to fully commit myself to a NEW fitness routine. (side note- I recently tore my MCL and replaced my gym visits with physical therapy to rehab my injury.... now that I am officially in the clear- I have RE-committed myself to keeping up with a healthy fitness routine.)

This new routine required a head to toe MAKEOVER...

First- motivation from my go to album when I need to be PUMPED UP-
Stevie WONDERRR! Even on a bad day you can't help but move your feet to this amazing album.

Next... my working gear. I decided that I would need to increase my walk to work by avoiding the train and walking from Penn Station to my work in Nolita.

My first steal was on sale for $54 at the Rebecca Taylor store in the meatpacking district. I love this canvas crossbody tote because it can handle all my "stuff" and also makes it easy to walk while still moving my arms for the full aerobic effect.

Next I hit up Lady Foot Locker. I had to invest in new sneakers to support my knee. I have worn Nike Shox for years and have never found a reason to switch. $109.99 for these bad boys was well worth the $$ for my continued rehabilitation.

Off to one of my FAVORITE stores- Lululemon. It has been my go to for years because their amazing Luon fabrication just makes me feel better when I work out. I purchased these Boogie Shorts for $42. As the temperature has been rising it had become obvious to me that it was time to invest in a "real" pair of work out shorts.

Last but not least..... now that I felt totally supported for my new fitness routine I hit up the gym that I know I cannot avoid as it is in the same shopping plaza as the Starbucks where I get my iced coffee every morning. I took the plunge and canceled my NYSC membership opting for the convenient Synergy location knowing that I no longer will have the "I don't feel like driving there" excuse in my back pocket.

Insider Tip: The biggest motivation is the fact that I have officially published this new commitment to fitness- aka if I give up, it will be a public display of lazinessssssss.

No comments:

Post a Comment