Thursday, June 23, 2011

iced coffee, 3 steals, and a splurge - shoes, they get me everytime.

Out to brighten up this grey midweek day, I hit Broadway in Soho where I felt inclined to start my day at topshop. I love their store, but sometimes when it is soooo busy I get a little distracted from the clothes and get lost in the crowd. As I made my way to the shoe salon, I spotted these gorgeous ballet flats from a mile away. As they were only down to 2 sizes, 6 or 11 I thanked God for my GINORMOUS feet and gave the 11s a spin. I was thrilled when with a small adjustment of the tie, they fit perfectly.

Topshop Ballet Flats, $32

Next I stopped at H&M where they are on sale, aka not too much newness. I did however spot these sandals hanging on the wall for $12.95 and tried them on expecting for them to feel cheap and uncomfortable. I was stunned when I didn't want to take them off because of comfort. As I made my way to the register to pay, I was even more surprised to hear the sales associate tell me that they were on sale for $7. (jackpot)
H&M Sandals, $7
(side note: while this picture was being taken on the Mott St. sidewalk, Keri Russell, aka Felicity, walked by with her adorable son who was begging, "Mommy can we puleaseee go to Target today." so cute)

I had received an email on my blackberry from Steve Madden about a sale so true to form, I went to check the goods out in person before placing an online order. (i always do this if the merchandise is accessible to me)
Steve Madden Seeri Sandals, $41.95

When I spotted this t-strap sandals on the sale wall I was immediately drawn to them for 2 reasons, 1 they were flat and 2 nude. Both comfortable and practical, I was pumped when they felt as good as they looked.

Steve Madden Riddgge Wedges, $64.50

My splurge also came from Steve Madden, because I cannot help myself from a wedge, on sale, even when I can't wear them (still in rehab for the ole knee). What I love most about these shoes is the color, the cognac is so great looking in person. Also, side note, I always wear a size 10 in Steve Madden shoes, however I am a 9 in these bad boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment