Tuesday, April 26, 2011

If you or the men in your life invest in suits LISTEN UP!

As I have worn many hats during my time in fashion, running the men's complex for Neiman Marcus was one of my biggest accomplishments and greatest challenges. Men's fashion is no walk in the park!


While I was outside of my personal comfort zone at first, I soaked up EVERYTHING the experts had to say!

The MOST valuable tip I ever learned was the MOST shocking...

The best care for a suit is:
Dry clean ONLY ‎once to twice a year and have it pressed when needed!


I know you are thinking this is INSANE... BUT the truth is suits are not capable of handling the serious chemicals used in the dry cleaning process often. What many don't know is that when steam is applied to a suit during the pressing process, it does cleanse the fabric. Although it may not remove heavy soil, it will remove natural oils.


If you or the men in your life invest in their suits, this is important to know as the more often they dry clean the weaker the investment!! Suits will have a shorter lifespan.

No comments:

Post a Comment