Thursday, April 21, 2011

iced coffee, 3 steals and a splurge 4.20.11

Today, I was on a mission to find belts, which as I have shared, are some the most valuable tools in my closet.

Off to Broadway I went...First, I hit up the mother ship for accessories this season, H&M, where I knew I would find some great options.

Seen Here: Prada Black Tank Dress,$495, H&M Belt, $13.95, and Steve Madden Staciee Heels, $89.95

Among the sea of amazingness, I came across a few chic double buckle, spandex and suede belts. With black as an option, it was hard not to play it safe, but I was committed to staying away from my comfort zone. I felt the nude was the best investment, and along with its classic feel, would go with most of my dresses.

**Insider Tip: This Prada dress has been in my closet for 4 years and after loosing a good amount of weight, no longer worked for me. The H&M $13.95 belt saved my $495 dress by both concealing the excess fabric and defining my waistline once again!

Next, I made my way to Forever 21 (shocking), for some more affordable belts. Loving everything straw this season, I was pumped to find this black and natural colored spandex straw belt. (the $5.80 price tag didn't hurt either.)

Seen Here: Forever 21 Solid Cami Tank Dress, $11.80, Forever 21 Straw Tote, $6, Forever 21 Belt, $5.80, Timex Gold Watch, $8, and Old Navy Flip Flops, $2.50

I had to make a quick pit stop at Old Navy to pick up one of my favorite go tos, an $8.50 Old Navy Fitted Jersey Tank in army green. (seen below)

My splurge (and steal) of the day comes from Macy's. I hit the retailer to shop a shoe designer who has my full attention these days, as it is impossible to avoid his amazing ad campaigns. Vince Camuto is on fire this season with his killer designer looks.

Seen Here: Old Navy Fitted Jersey Tank, $8.50, Forever 21 Straw Tote, $6, Tibi White Eyelet Shorts, $295, Gold Timex Watch, $8, and Vince Camuto Edon Wedges, $95

All in all, a successful day, with pieces I know will last longer than this long awaited New England summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment