Wednesday, April 27, 2011

iced coffee, 3 steals andddddd another steal 4.26.11

Today I set out for 3 steals and a splurge buttt after 1 amazing 20 minute shopping trip... it turned into 3 steals anddddddd another STEAL. I am never out to break the bank and never purchase more than my 4 piece maximum soooo after no deliberation and pure love I sealed the deal on 4 affordable items, choosing to never leave my little 33rd Street H&M heaven.


My trip began as I was completely inspired by H&M's gorgeous WHITE ALL OVER windows (choosing to ignore the disgusting weaves on their mannequins) and saw a dress I had to have.

H&M Shift Dress, $34.95, H&M Leather Braided Belt, $5.95, Timex Gold Watch, $8, H&M Gold Bangles, $5.95, and Vince Camuto Edon Wedges, $98

This Dress is as soft and comfortable as it appears. One of my favorite dresses from last season is a blue animal jacquard shift from Tibi. The print is gorgeous, but what I love most of all is the easy to wear silhouette. This $34.95 H&M dress is the SAME silhouette as that $345 Tibi dress. (**This H&M find does NOT make me regret owning a similar dress 10x the price because nothing beats a Tibi print done right!)

The minute I saw this dress I knew I had to wear it with my new camel colored Vince Camuto Wedges, but not without 1 final touch... A BELT. I marched right over to the accessories section where I found this fantastic leather braided belt for $5.95. Not only was the belt a great deal, it also helped me define my waistline. A shift is great, but don't be shy about accessorizing the dress to make it your own in order to highlight your assets.

Rebecca Taylor Eyelet Top, $275, H&M Pleated Shorts, $17.95, H&M Clutch, $12.95, H&M Silver Bangles, $5.95, and Tibi Juniper Sandals, $375

Not in a MILLLLION years would I have believed you if you told me 2 years ago that my closet would be full of shorts, but never say never. I have recently become a shorts phenatic for 2 reasons, 1. I am a sweater and love nothing more than to shed all the clothing I can (in a ladylike way of course) once we hit summer, and 2. Practicality- They are easier to wear when taking the LIRR and Subway back and forth from the city (aka I am not walking with my legs clenched together as I do the stairs in good old Penn Station)

I absolutely LOVE these shorts, $17.95, as they embody 2 of my favorite trends of the season with a timeless appeal... 1. They are nude. 2. They are high waisted. Also, the texture of the fabric of these shorts is just dreamy. (they feel like pajamas)

As I began to round up my H&M excursion heading for the cashier I spotted from across the store something I felt must have been a trick my eyes were playing on me... as I made my way over to the see of colors I could not believe what I found...

H&M Nude Jeans, $24.95, H&M Chambray L/S Shirt, $29.95, H&M Silver Bangles, $5.95, and Tibi Juniper Sandals, $375

I have been LUSTING over the Rag & Bone Salmon Skinny Jeans for 3 months, ever since I met the most adorable London tourist who was rockin them. (and by meet, i mean i stopped her on the street, complimented her on her amazing style and asked where I could find a pair for myself) I love Rag & Bone but $165 for a pair of jeans that I am not sure would last past this season, I was not willing to take the chance. Now I can't say that these jeans are identical because they are not(they are lighter), but they do play the same color as the salmon. With the peachy hue, I will be wearing these jeans back to white, khaki, and of courseeeee my H&M Denim Chambray Top (aka my first FAVORITE find of the season) seen here. For $24.95, I could not ignore that these jeans filled my need to be seen in some skinny colored jeans.

Insider Tip: My trip to H&M involved a fitting room because as I have shared, sizing is always different. The bottoms I purchased were both an 8. (Note: I am typically a 28 in Denim and a 4-6 in Contemporary Designers bottoms) Also, the dress is a Small, but belt a Medium. You want the belt to be longer so you can style it different ways. That is the best part about braided belts, no need to worry about belt holes.

1 comment:

  1. Going to need to make an H&M trip asap! You're impeccable style comes across phenomenally and I love seeing what you're going to put up next!

    ReplyDelete