Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesdays

What most people don’t know is that Wednesdays are the best day to hit their favorite stores! Forget weekends, the thought of fighting to spend your hard earned money is absurd! Mondays are spent on recovery… Associates spend the day replenishing the sales floor and cleaning up the mess left after a weekend of mayhem. Also, MOST returns occur on Mondays. Customers get a wave of buyers remorse once Sunday hits for their weekend ego boost shopping spree and seek out immediate stress relief by returning what “they HAD to have for a minute”. Thus ensues the frustration of the associates who spend hours helping these needy and attention seeking individuals. Can you blame them? Tuesdays are generally when stores receive new merchandise. Associates spend the day unpacking, checking in, and steaming the latest and greatest, most of which does not hit the floor until WEDNESDAY. This is not true for all stores, but generally speaking, you will receive the best customer service, attention, and assortment to choose from on a Wednesday.

Thus introducing my FAVORITE Wednesday morning ritual: iced coffee, 3 steals, and a splurge.

Today I hit Broadway in Soho where I happen to love Forever 21. Contrary to popular belief, this retail chain is putting the majority of their attention on us, THE CUSTOMERS! It is the chain’s priority to improve the customer experience and it did not take someone telling me to notice. When entering these stores, I receive a grander greeting than many of the luxury boutiques in Soho where I would be spending $395 on a silk cami dress. (if I was willing to pay it)

Today I was out to increase my assortment of boho chic accessories. Working downtown, it is completely inspiring to embrace this trend, which I happen to love all on my own. When it comes to a steal, I consider how versatile an investment it is. What is the shelf life? Is it a disposable tool for the season (ie the feather earrings I invested $3.95 on at H&M which will not likely see 2012)

Today I came across 3 STEALS I could not part ways with.

1. A great Turquoise Straw Shoulder bag that you will only ever see me rock as a clutch. The bag is much better/expensive looking carried as a clutch as the weak strap screams Forever 21. Let’s face it, for $7.80 I am not complaining.
Cheap strap.






Great clutch!


2. The bag lady today, I could not pass up this amazing straw tote to be used for the beach/casual day that was only $6. I love the width of the shoulder strap and throw on and go appeal.




3. A 6 strand turquoise bead necklace. Layering necklaces is a huge trend this season  and can be worn forever. I have seen these necklaces sold on the streets of New York for the past year for $15+ so I didn’t flinch spending $5.80.



My Splurge Of The Day comes from my favorite designer at the moment, Rebecca Taylor. Her feminine silhouettes will make any woman feel sexy in her own skin. I could not pass up this amazing dress that embodied both quality and uniqueness, while also being cut in a very classic silhouette which I just so happened to love! The Mirror Gown, $650, proved to be worth every penny upon its grand debut to my biggest fashion critic, my t-shirt and jeans wearing boyfriend!


No comments:

Post a Comment