Sunday, April 10, 2011

The best things are FREE.



My favorite tools to use are the ones that are the most expensive to make but don’t cost me a thing! Introducing The List: Spring 2011 Trends by Neiman Marcus. What most don’t know is how this game works… The NM fashion team hits the fashion week circuit where they attend the shows and identify the trends they are going to blow out of the water. During their appointments with designers, the NM buyers will request color changes, pocket changes, shoulder changes, length changes… basically anything to support their internal vision. Upon supporting their trends with designer collections and the final stamp of approval on all by NM’s Prince Charming Ken Downing, we the public are preview to THE SEASON’S MUST HAVES. Through their ad campaigns, mailers, website, merchandise, and stores this is by far the most expensive seasonal investment and doesn’t cost us a thing!

After doing my homework and discovering that White, Floral, Coral, Flat Sandals, Boho Influences, Stripes, Wide Legs, The Spring Face and Long Necklaces are all the rage, I always hit my closet. What do I own that falls into one of these trends? The thing is, many women believe that in order to update their look they need to go shopping but this is not true. Be careful what you purge! Most trends are like cats and have 9 lives. (I pray that harem pants.. aka MC Hammer pants have seen their hay day- I hate seeing girls completely disguise their figure in too much fabric and a sag butt… I am proud to declare I have NEVER OWNED THEM!)

When recently working with a client on her Spring wardrobe she share that she wanted to both purge and update her closet. When I asked her where she would like to begin she said she was not sure about her long skirts, that she hadn’t seen the outside world in years. Not only were these skirts bohemian, but maxi length skirts and dresses just happen to be the hit of the season. Shop within your own closet… trust me, you will not believe that what you find is what you were considering on going out and buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment