Friday, April 15, 2011

Laid Back Style in the Big Easy!

I am visiting a friend in New Orleans for the weekend where it is 85 degrees and sunny. As we are about to embark on our first day of shopping, I made it a priority to avoid the following.


Seen Here: Tibi Burnout Cami, American Eagle High Waist Cutoff Denim Shorts, Timex Watch, H&M Bracelets, Forever 21 Straw Hobo, and Steve Madden Wedge Sandals

1. No silks- they retain heat! I big time sweater (if not prepared) and made it a point to pack all cottons for daytime as we will be traveling by foot and nothing is worse than being hot and uncomfortable.
2. NO real jewelry- you will notice my Timex and H&M Bracelets to spice up my otherwise very basic outfit. As we are out to shop the vintage stores, it would be an epic fail to show up at a store with negotiable price tags looking like a million bucks.
3. No leather handbag- on a humid day like today it would only stick to me and increase clamminess. I am soo happy to have my big $6 Forever 21 Straw Hobo with me. (also because I will not have to carry any shopping bags!)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today doing a research on upcoming fashion in nyc I have skimmed through various posts and found one of your's to best of my interest. Your tips will also help me do it better in next time.I also follow Veronica Hearst who is really very impressive in fasion.

    ReplyDelete