Thursday, April 14, 2011

iced coffee, 3 steals and a splurge 4.13.11

On the hunt to complete some of my favorite looks of the season, I hit Broadway and went straight to H&M where I knew I would find just what I was in search of.

I have been thrilled with my H&M finds this season, and in particular, their scarves! When I came across this scarf I knew it had to be mine as it incorporated many things I love in one. 1. it was made up of earth tones, 2. it had tassels (so boho chic), 3. it was floral, and 4. it was under $20.

H&M Scarf, $12.95

The next piece I stumbled on was the finishing touch to my splurge last Wednesday, my Rebecca Taylor Mirror Gown. I was in search of a clutch that would both compliment and contrast the steel grey color in order to create a less formal feel. When I saw this faux pebbled patent leather envelop clutch, I knew it would be perfect.

H&M Clutch, $12.95

I have been lusting over the stack of silver bangles featured in almost every Ralph Lauren ad this season, so when I came across these next items I didn't think twice. Of course I did my research a month ago to find out where I could purchase the bracelets and was shocked to discover that a set was only made up of 3 silver bangles for $30. When I came across this set of 30 silver bangles for only $5.95 I new I found heaven!!! It was sooo gratifying to know that the look I loved would have cost me $300 to achieve, but right there in the heart of H&M (along with the help of a little top coat nail polish) was the answer to my prayers!

H&M Bangles, $5.95

I turned to NeimanMarcus.com for my splurge of the day which comes from spending more than I normally would on an item for "quality and performance". With all the white and nude in my closet, I needed to be prepared with the perfect undergarments! I am generally a 5 for $25 special kind of girl at Victoria's Secret but today I was out to go Commando. These are the perfect undergarments for those skinny white jeans!!!

Commando Thong, $24

Commando is the invisible underwear you have been looking for! (Trust me, momma isn't spending $24 on a single thong if it isn't worth it!)

2 comments: