Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hidden Treasures on Magazine Street in NOLA- The Vintage Event

No need to travel far when shopping Uptown for deals on Magazine Street. Just across the way from Designer Social sits Retro Active, aka vintage heaven.


The best find in RA is Haley, their official shop girl and the most adorable "Vintage Connoisseur", who is happy to introduce you to her favorite pieces.

Insider Tip: When shopping in vintage stores, always embrace to seller, as they spend their day playing with the merchandise and always know where the diamond in the ruff is stashed.

(notice the hidden Chanel!)

Enamoured with the vintage handbag collection, there was no doubt in my mind that I would be leaving with 1, narrowing it down was the hard part.


I finally made my decision according to price. I loved 4 bags equally, as I felt they were all classic and timeless, but when it came to purchasing, $54 meant more to me than $100, $94, and $86. This bag screamed classic Ralph Lauren, as the chocolate brown suede was in fantastic shape, and the gold detail was the perfect finishing touch.

Although they don't have a website just yet, Haley is happy to assist you over the phone 504.895.5054 and send you pictures of their prized possessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment